Second Passport by Investment: There are more and more people using their wealth to obtain residence and a second passport in foreign countries. This helps both parties in that the country brings in new investments and money to their country, and the foreigner gets a new place to call home.
Let’s take a look at some of these programmes that ate currently available:
Malta Individual Investors Programme
If a application is successful, you could receive your permanent residency in 6 to 8 weeks. Normally this would take 6 years or longer on other residency programmes. It’s no wonder that this programme is number 1 on this list. Citizenship would then be granted in 12-14 months. You would only need to spend 15-20 days in Malta in the first year – which is an incredibly low residency amount in comparison to any other country. To qualify for this programme, you’ll need to:
- Contribute to the National Development and Social Fund of EUR 650 000; and
- The acquisition of real estate with a minimum value of EUR 350 000 to be held for at least 5 years; or lease a residential immovable property in Malta for a period of 5 years with an annual rent of at least EUR 16 000; and
- An investment in stocks, bonds or special purpose vehicles to be identified by Identity Malta, for a minimum value of EUR 150,000 to be held for a minimum period of 5 years.
Granada Citizenship-by-investment Programme
This programme will give you the same rights as you’d get with a standard European residency ie. 90 days in and 90 days out of any Schengen zone and the UK. This equates to being able to spend 6 months a year in any Schengen country with a break-up of 3 months in-between. Grenada is also the only Caribbean programme that can offer citizens the right ot apply for a United States E-2 Visa Programme.
The requirements for this programme are either a 350 000 USD investment into real estate or 200 000 USD donation option.
Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship-by-Investment Programme
On this programme, you’ll be able to travel to Singapore, Hong Kong, the UK and any Schengen area without a visa. This is an amazing passport to obtain as it gives you an immense amount of freedom to travel. There are 3 options for this programme:
- A contribution to the National Development Fund of a minimum amount of US$100 000
- An investment of at least US$400,000 into one of a real estate project
- An investment of a minimum of US$1,500,000 directly into an eligible business as a sole investor or a joint investment
How to Buy a Passport Cheaper
These are all great options but are reserved for the very wealthy. If you’re looking to obtain a passport cheaper without investing millions into a foreign country, you should consider buying a real passport that has been modified with your photo. This is the easiest and safest way to obtain citizenship in a foreign country without spending your life savings.